Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pineapple Roast

Posted by Picasa
1-can of sliced Pine-Apple
1-bottle of Maraschino Cherries
1-Ham roast or pre-sliced ham ( both work well)
1-clove's

I put the Ham roast in my roaster at 350 degrees with 2 cups of water and let the ham cook until it was 160 degrees. Once it was at 160 degrees i sliced the top of the ham (scoring it into a hatch pattern) in the intersection of the hatch I put clove (sticking it into the ham), slicing the cherries into half's and placing the half's over the clove's. Then I place the pine-apple rings straight across the top. Using the pine-apple juice i mixed it with brown sugar over medium heat, stirring until all sugar was dissolved . Then put the brown sugar glaze over top and cooked the ham for another 45 minutes, brushing the glaze on 2-3 time.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm. I love ham cooked this way. It's one of the few pork meals I truly enjoy :-) I don't think it ever occured to me to mix the brown sugar and pineapple juice and cook it to make a glaze before basting the ham with it- great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete